Sunday, May 29, 2005

All I ever post about is food

I think it's safe to say that I've been eating a very healthy diet here in Hopkins. Kidney beans and brown rice, black bean soup, whole wheat bread, rotini with tomato sauce, and, of course, copious amounts of spinach. But of course, when Jim brings us coffee cake, it would be both rude and foolish to decline. Living alone, if there's flan, I can have as much as I like, so perhaps I can be excused for enjoying it with every meal for two days. And sometimes, like today, the only thing one wants for lunch is hot buttered toast and cafe au lait. And that's okay, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

If you fold the buttered toast in from the corner a few times, you can call it a croissant, making it all the more appropriate to enjoy with your cafe au lait. Alternatively, you can toast it, leave it out for a few days unbuttered, and call it biscotti, for enjoyment with a cappuccino.

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home