Monday, February 21, 2005

My weekend

I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday, Leah and I had our radio show, which was really fun- we had a sort of spur-of-the-moment New Wave theme, so we played Blondie and the Eurythmics and Television and some other stuff like that. Saturday night we went to a party at Hopkins (my Dream House), where we ate tortilla chips and played Scrabble with Stina and Clio. Stina's friend is really into human rights activism and although she's from New York, she's actually friends with several people I knew in my anti-sweatshop days in high school. It's a small world, and I love being reminded of that.

On Sunday, I got up early and did lots of work and then spent most of the afternoon working on my quilt. I used my $15 windfall of money from subbing at the daycare to buy six quarter yards of gorgeous fabric from the fabric store on King Street. They are so beautiful I could just stare at them all day, no kidding. While I sewed I thought about how someday my grandchildren will snuggle up under the quilt and think about how much nicer it is than the quilts they have at Wal*Mart, which will be the only store there is then. A quilt is an investment in the future, which makes it okay that I'll be working on this particular quilt for about another 17 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home