Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Operators are Standing By

You know something's wrong in your life when an evening of Calculus homework feels as decadent as eating cake in the bath while listening to the Box of Funk.

Actually, you know a couple of things are probably wrong.

But here we have a list of Things I Hate About Phoneathon:
  1. Talking on the phone
  2. Calling people during dinner
  3. The sense of my own mortality brought on by the knowledge that I will receive these phonecalls every single year until my sheet goes in the DECEASED file (yes, I do have one in my cubicle, just in case)
  4. The alumna yesterday who went on a five minute rant about how she's never going to give money to Smith again because of the presence of transgendered students (and you want Smith to do what exactly about this, rude intolerant lady?)
  5. My grade on my calc quiz today was much lower than usual because I am behind (or was until about 15 minutes ago)
  6. Having to ask people for one thousand eight hundred and seventy five dollars
  7. ... even people who have given $10 a year every year since 1957
  8. I am going to miss most of the Washburn House Halloween party, an event I look forward to all year (but which tends to disturb my sangfroid so maybe it's for the best.)
However, there is one Thing I Love about Phoneathon:
  1. Tonight is my night off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home