Saturday, January 15, 2005

My dad quit smoking because of KRAC

Went to the gym yesterday, where I ran on the treadmill (only palatable when listening to OK Go) and used a weight machine thing. I wanted to go swimming but the swim team was in the pool. Watching them, I was freshly aware of what a messy, slow, sputtering swimmer I am, but I will nevertheless attempt to use the pool at some point. At the gym I saw my drawing teacher and my painting teacher, who are married to one another. I was wearing my new Keith Richards Athletic Club shirt, and my drawing teacher, Katy, asked me what it was.
"Oh, it's this club my dad and his friends made up on the premise that Keith Richards is basically the worst role model an athlete could have. It's also ironic because they're so badass, they're like three lawyers and a librarian and they're ostensibly living this rockstar lifestyle."
"That's awesome! I want one!" said Katy.

Seeing Katy and Dave is one thing, I suppose, but Nina, who works at the gym, says that J G-rfield often works out in the mornings. I don't want J G-rfield to see me running on a treadmill, or, god forbid, in my bathing suit. And I would say it goes both ways.

Evidently the Tegan and Sara concert was cancelled. I'm terribly disappointed. Maybe I'll go see Sideways instead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

That's what this group needs-- an Art teacher! Man, we the baddest!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home