Friday, September 09, 2005

First week of classes- done!

Classes started yesterday, but I don't really feel as though I've begun. It hasn't hit me yet. (Even though I've already finished two homework assignments.) Yesterday my only class was Computer Science, which seems all right. I think I should be able to handle it. Our homework was a little silly, but I suppose that as someone who contributed to Sweet Reason, I can't complain. I actually received my TA copy of S.R. the other day, and it is beautiful. It's huge and shiny and delightful and I want to carry it around and show it off. I'm so bringing it home when I'm in Buffalo next weekend.

Today I had Calculus and Chinese, as well as Logic 100, which I sat in on. My calculus professor reminds me of Chris Potenza, which is not a terrible thing. I just finished the homework, which was not incredibly easy but at least it didn't reduce me to tears. Chinese was fun, of course, and I like the new teacher, Wu laoshi, but the high points of the day were definitely sitting in on Logic 100, the most fun course taught at Smith, and chatting with K.M. afterwards. Because that never fails to make me happy.

I picked up an application for the Beijing program this afternoon, but it turns out to be last year's. No matter, I can probably print one out in the computer lab later on. Also last night I attended a meeting for students interested in applying for fellowships. I think I'm going to apply for one this year. M*rgaret Br*zelius says it's a good thing to do even if you don't think you'll get it, so why not? But don't let's tell my mum; she might start thinking I listen to her nudging.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/0387989307/250-0658431-4808255

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home