Monday, August 08, 2005

So wrong

Worst advertisement blunder I've seen in awhile: a commercial for McDonald's during the X-Files episode about a cannabalistic fast-food chain.

Blech.

And, apropos of that, as I sit here with my heart pounding and my stomach churning, I am struck by two questions:

1. Why is it that my deepest fear since late childhood has been cannibalism? (I blame my sixth grade science teacher Mr Lawler, who liked to tell us about the various situations in which our parents would not hesitate to eat us.)

2. Why am I watching this episode, which I knew even before the theme song played would give me nightmares for weeks? Why do I peek in Sin City in the comic book store?

Why do people ride rollercoasters?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why people do such things.

Apropos!
I don't know why I let Lucy trick me into watching a scary movie with her a week ago. "Darkness Falls." It is a very stupid movie, and yet it has caused me to become anxious about the creepiness of my house. Admittedly, this is a pretty darn creepy place to be at night; it's old, it's creaky, and it's full of FOLK ART, almost all of which has eyes, almost all of which are staring right at anyone who passes by. Creeeeeepy.

At least tonight I seem to be getting over it.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EMILY, i want to study (more) logic more than ANYTHING! What school are you at? Can you give me any advice? You tried to major in logic? How did that work out? Please e-mail at Uiru2900@yahoo.com

-Will Frager
Student of Logic
Freshman at Univerisity of Kansas

10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home