Friday, March 11, 2005

South-urn Adventure!

Tomorrow I'm heading down to South Carolina to participate in a Habitat for Humanity build, so I won't be updating for a bit. How is that different from my usual methodology with this blog? Well, for the following week, instead of having nothing to say, I'll hopefully have adventures to relate and be unable to.
The students I'm travelling with seem like a pretty good bunch. This evening we had a meeting to discuss the particulars of our journey. We went round and said our names and how we got a scar, which is an unusual name game both for its morbidity and its entertainment value (high). You may have noticed that I used the word "students" above- that's because there will be four, count them, four, boys in the group. As if that weren't enough, one is from London. A boy. With a dreamy accent. It's going to be just like reality television!
I've never participated in a Habitat build before, but I tell myself that shouldn't be a problem. I can use a hammer and a staple gun. Everything else should be a piece of cake. The real worry will be spending a week in the company of strangers. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

We can't wait to hear all about your adventures!

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck!
<3, caroline

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home