Thursday, April 28, 2005

Good intentions

I always have these good ideas of things I ought to do to become a better comic drawing person, like making faces in the mirror and drawing them in increasingly stripped-down or stylized manners, or practicing drawing hands, or this new one I just thought of to help with the fact that all my people wander merrily through blank white emptiness. I should go through all my photographs and just draw the backgrounds, not the people. This might help with the fact that my people are nowhere. I could get all profound and try to draw a connection between my inability to draw places and scenery and my inability to ever know where the heck I am, but I think that would be pushing it.

I want to work on my comic idea that I had months ago that I still like, but I know I'd be better served working on, say, my set theory final. Kate and I got our 24 Hour Comics back yesterday and I was very much pleased by how much mine made her and Kep laugh. Some of my worries about things I should have left unsaid in the comic were confirmed, but on the whole I feel it was a decent effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home