Sunday, April 10, 2005

Not the Spring Weekend, but a Spring Weekend

Quite a nice weekend, though short, of course. On Friday I had dinner with Leah, Nina, Stina, and Claire. (Note to parents: thanks for not naming me anything that ends in A.) Afterwards Claire and I went downtown to Pleasant Street and rented Big Fish, which I'd wanted to see for a long time. It was lovely- so sweet and Steve Buscemi was in it and I don't know why, but I absolutely love Steve Buscemi- every time he came on screen I could have squealed with delight, were I the squealing sort.
Saturday night Leah and Katie Rose and I went to Rhythm Nations, which is a wonderful dance and music performance sponsored, I think, by the International Students Organization. The highlights included Korean hip hop dancers and Vietnamese fan dancers and a wonderful Indian dance. Afterwards Leah and I put in an appearance at Jackie Kim's birthday party. Jackie is a DJ and she owns her own strobe light, which strikes me as a very odd thing to have. I was up much later than I should have been considering that this morning I woke up at 4:30 to go on a sunrise hike up a mountain. Although it was very cold and I was very sleepy, the hike was most enjoyable. When we got to the top we had chocolate croissants and Clifford the Big Red Dog juice boxes and spent some time in quiet meditation. From the top of the mountain we could see all five colleges and even as far as New Hampshire.
Tonight Leah and I are going to watch our favorite parts of Rushmore as a reward for finishing our homework. Assuming that happens. Which it will. Cha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home