Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Milkshake

So when we returned from Spring Break we discovered that King/Scales has a soft serve machine, and needless to say now Leah and I are eating there pretty much every day. It's not as bad as it sounds- often the machine is full of tangy, delicious frozen yogurt, and anyway I have a really sore throat so that's a good excuse. But still and all, it's kind of a lot of soft serve. (Tonight we mixed it up by going to Comstock for Thai night and having hard ginger ice cream- a fine conclusion to our not-too-sweet pad Thai and refreshingly non overcooked green beans.) Lately I've been totally craving milkshakes. I could go for one right now, thanks to Mimi Smartypants. The other night when Leah and I were eating dinner in King I really wanted a milkshake so I filled a small glass a quarter of the way with 2% milk and the rest with vanilla frozen yogurt and stirred it up and it was indeed a fine milkshake, and not the world's most milkfat-saturated dessert, either, all thinks considered.
Tonight's ginger ice cream would've made a fine milkshake.
Leah once had a chamomile tea milkshake, which sounds extremely delicious.
When Leah and I were in New Hampshire we went to a diner and they didn't have milkshakes and we were all, what the heck, a diner with no milkshakes? But it was still an excellent diner.

Another good soda fountain drink I recently discovered one can make in a Smith dining hall is an egg cream. You got the seltzer! You got the milk! You got the Hershey syrup! I've only yet done it once but the fact that I can have a delightful egg cream makes me happy. Drinking an egg cream always makes me feel like Harriet the Spy.

Also, now in addition to flu, I think I have pinkeye. Send good thoughts my way.

3 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Auntie M. (oh, that'd get me in trouble) is also suffering an eye complaint, so we sympathise, but meanwhile, isn't a yoghurt-based milkshake a lassi?

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, egg creams! so very harriet the spy. (this is lauren, of south carolina fame. when can we dj together? hope all is well.)

11:03 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Mmm. Egg creams.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home