Sunday, March 20, 2005

The Logician

I got the logic job! I'll be spending ten weeks this summer helping Jim and Jay revise the Logic 100 textbook, and I'll be receiving $3,600, which is less than I made last summer but still a decent chunk of change. I also got a letter informing me that I'm now a member of the Association for Symbolic Logic, which is exciting as I'll be receiving their journal and I like academic journals. I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to pay them, however- they don't mention it in the letter but surely there's a fee involved? Their website says the student membership is $35. I'm confused.

South Carolina was a lot of fun. I love building. I spent a lot of time on the roof, which was my favorite, but I also hung vinyl siding and helped lay the foundation of a house. The other students were for the most part very nice and I made a couple of new friends. It was really good, mental health-wise, to get out of my usual social scene (which strongly revolves around Washburn House) and have a break from my classes. I didn't get as much homework done as I would have liked to, but the night is young, and all and all I feel pretty good about things right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://dcxvssh.com]PsaUbijoPdm[/url] - lIXIen - http://hhmgziigpu.com

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home