Thursday, March 24, 2005

Tutoring!

Still fluish. I had my first tutoring job yesterday. I'm working with this very nice man, Michael, who works for Physical Plant, and his wife. Michael's going to school part-time and taking an online logic course, so we got together to talk reductio. It was so much fun! They're using this weird notation where X represents a contradiction but once I figured it out it was pretty easy to see what was going on. Logic really ought to have universal notation- it makes no sense to have all these different symbols. I told the professor who arranged for me to tutor Michael that I'd rather be paid each time we meet rather than all at once at the end so that it would be in small amounts that I could spend on popsicles and laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home